Lions Clubs International Foundation (LCIF) provides grant funding to assist Lions districts in developing and implementing large-scale humanitarian projects. These humanitarian grants help Lions expand their outreach and increase their impact within local and global communities to serve even more people in need around the world.
The Foundation provides support in four areas of service:
Millions of people around the world have benefited through more than 12,582 Foundation grants, which have totaled more than US$941 million. That number continues to grow in part from gifts from foundations, corporations, governments and non-Lions. However, the vast majority of LCIF’s funding comes through the generous donations from Lions clubs and individual members.
Through the generosity and hard work of Lions, our partners and supporters, LCIF was able to award 530 grants totaling more than US$43 million in fiscal year 2014-15. These international grants are helping thousands of people to have a better life. Look for more details on these international grants, and projects and individuals helped in our annual report.
Some of our accomplishments include:
- 14,100 people helped through 141 disaster related grants
- 7 million people helped through 178 humanitarian grants
- 15 countries expanded Lions Quest through 35 Core 4 grants
- US$6,638,272 in grants supported the vaccination of millions of children against measles and rubella
- 44 SightFirst grants provided eye care services to more than 9 million people, improved 51 eye care facilities and/or trained 25,000 eye care professionals
The impact we make on their individual lives is at the heart of everything we do. Read stories from people directly affected by or involved in our work here.
Due to the establishment of the new LCIF Board of Trustees, board meeting times and some grant application deadlines have changed. View the Calendar of Events for updated meeting dates and application deadlines.
- October 7, 2016: Application deadline for Standard, Core 4 and IAG grants to be reviewed at the January 2017 Board meeting
- October 14, 2016: Application deadline for SightFirst grants to be reviewed at the January 2017 SightFirst Advisory Committee (SAC) meeting
- February 9, 2017: Application deadline for Standard, Core 4 (including Lions Quest) and IAG grants to be reviewed at the May 2017 board meeting
- May 9, 2017: Application deadline for Standard, Core 4 and IAG grants to be reviewed at the August 2017 board meeting
Grant Information and Application Forms
Find out more about LCIF’s grant programs and view grant applications here.
- Disaster Grants Fact Sheet
- Emergency Grant Guidelines
- Emergency Grant Criteria & Application
- Disaster Preparedness Grant Criteria & Application
- Community Recovery Grant Criteria & Application
- How to Apply for a Standard Grant
- Standard Grant Criteria/Application
- *New!* Updates made to the Standard grant application include regulation 7 and criteria 4, 7, 11, and 14.
- *New!* How to Apply for an International Assistance Grant (IAG)
- *Updated!* International Assistance Grant (IAG) Application