Lions Clubs International Foundation (LCIF) provides grant funding to assist Lions districts in developing and implementing large-scale humanitarian projects. These humanitarian grants help Lions expand their outreach and increase their impact within local and global communities to serve even more people in need around the world.
The Foundation provides support in four areas of service:
Millions of people around the world have benefited through more than 11,300 Foundation grants, which have totaled more than US$826 million. That number continues to grow in part from gifts from foundations, corporations, governments and non-Lions. However, the vast majority of LCIF’s funding comes through the generous donations from Lions clubs and individual members.
Through the generosity and hard work of Lions, our partners and supporters, LCIF was able to award 513 grants totaling US$55.5 million in fiscal year 2011-12. These international grants are helping thousands of people to have a better life. Look for more details on these international grants, and projects and individuals helped in our annual report.
Some of our accomplishments include:
- 33,000 people helped through 165 Emergency grants
- 4.7 million people helped through 160 Standard grants
- More than 166,000 youth reached through 37 Core 4 Lions Quest grants
- More than 91,000 people were helped through 26 International Assistance Grants that provided clean water and access to health care through medical missions
- 31 million people with improved vision through 35 SightFirst grants
The impact we make on their individual lives is at the heart of everything we do. Read stories from people directly affected by or involved in our work here
Grant Application Deadlines
- November 22, 2013: Lions Quest grant applications for review by the Lions Quest Advisory Committee (LAC) in January 2014
- December 27, 2013: Standard, Core 4 and IAG grant applications for review at the February 2014 Board meeting
- May 19, 2014: SightFirst grant applications for review by the SightFirst Advisory Committee (SAC) in August 2014
Grant Information and Application Forms
Find out more about LCIF’s grant programs and view grant applications here.
International Assistance Grants:
Core 4 Grants: