Lions Clubs International Foundation (LCIF) is committed to protecting the privacy of our website visitors, donors and Lions. Personal information is not sold, rented or shared with any individual or organization.
Normal website usage
In general, you can browse the LCIF site without revealing any personal information about yourself. The only information LCIF collects is standard web usage records, Internet service provider, operating system, browser type, pages visited, downloads, website referrers, date visited. This information helps LCIF measure website activity, improve our website and better serve our visitors.
Collection of personally identifiable information
LCIF recognizes the importance of protecting the private information of our website visitors, donors and Lions. Visitor, donor and Lion contact information is only collected to facilitate communications when such data is voluntarily shared. This information is to be used solely to further our mission and to support Lions clubs worldwide in serving their local communities and the world community. Visitors, donors or Lions may opt out of any of our direct marketing activities at any time. We may use service providers, such as website traffic consultants, to carry out certain activities on our behalf. They may be granted access to the personal information necessary, but will not use or disclose the information for any other purpose.
Personal information is also collected for LCIF to conduct its necessary operational activities including:
- Donor cultivation
- Grant application reviews and funding decisions
- Reports on donations and grants
- Distribution of publications, including the Annual Report
- Compilation of donor profiles and trends to support development programs
- Program monitoring and evaluation
- Convention and meeting planning
- Responding to information requests
- Contact information for Lions leaders, including past and present International Officers, Directors, and Board Appointees, Multiple District Council Chairpersons and Council of Governors, District and Vice District Governors, Multiple District and District LCIF Chairpersons, Club Officers, Grant Administrators, Project Chairpersons, and Technical Advisors
- Furtherance of public relations activities and cooperative alliances
- Support of Lions Clubs International and other adopted service programs
- Disclosure of information to the Lions Clubs International Foundation Board of Trustees and appropriate advisory committees
- Disclosure of information as required by law or that is pertinent to judicial or governmental investigations
- Other purposes as approved by the LCIF Board of Trustees
Online donor privacy
If you make a donation or make a purchase via LCIF’s online forms using a credit card, these details are transferred to a secure, online payment service hosted outside of LCIF. Any payment information collected is protected by software during transmission, which encrypts all of your personal information so that it can be safeguarded over Internet channels. We reveal only a limited part of your credit card number when confirming a donation, order or other transaction. We do not give out your credit card or other account information to third parties unless you authorize us to do so or if it is necessary to fulfill our responsibilities, including, but not limited to, acknowledging a donation by sending a recognition.
LCIF protects personal information by using password-protected areas and by restricting access to such information. It is important that you protect your password. Paper files containing personal information are kept in areas with restricted access.
LCIF may place a “cookie,” or small file, in the browser files of a visitor’s computer. By setting this cookie, the LCIF website will remember your details the next time you visit, so you don’t have to re-enter the information. This helps us to provide you with a better service. You can choose not to have cookies delivered by LCIF by changing your browser settings.
If you wish to change any of your personal information or remove any information, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to external websites included in LCIF’s website are provided for the convenience of visitors. LCIF is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of external websites, and any information provided by visitors to external sites is not subject to this Privacy Statement.
LCIF may periodically change this policy. When changes are made, we will post an announcement on our website home page. Or, visit this page any time to view changes. If you have any concerns or questions about these policies, please contact Lions Clubs International Foundation at (630) 468-6901 or email@example.com. You can also view our dispute resolution guidelines here.
Removal from lists
To be removed from LCIF’s mail or e-mail list, please contact LCIF at firstname.lastname@example.org. By requesting removal from the email list, you will no longer receive any updates from LCIF as well as Lions Clubs International. Or, you can use the "unsubscribe" link found at the bottom of any enewsletter.