Lions Clubs International Foundation (LCIF) will now be able to help more people than ever before. Melvin Jones Fellowship (MJF) eligibility includes donations to five areas. Donors will be able to receive MJF and PMJF credit when directing their support to:
- Area of Greatest Need: Supports all program areas and allows LCIF the flexibility to supplement initiatives where additional funding is necessary or where the need is most urgent.
- Disaster: Enables LCIF to direct the funds to the areas most in need following disasters to provide for immediate, mid and long-term relief. The Foundation will be able to immediately provide funds for large-scale disaster relief, rather than collecting and distributing funds over a period of weeks or months.
- Sight: Funds seek to support hundreds of sight-related activities ranging from equipping eye clinics to providing Braille computers for the visually impaired.
- Youth: Supports the Lions Quest program and other initiatives such as educational infrastructure improvements and programs to assist at-risk youth.
- Humanitarian Needs: Funds projects that meet diverse community needs beyond sight, disaster and youth, such as the measles program, water wells and vocational training programs for the disabled.
Funding directed to “Area of Greatest Need” provides LCIF with the ability to financially support any program within the other four general areas. Donors are encouraged to consider this option when making a gift.
Donate now at www.lcif.org/donate and select one of the causes from the drop-down menu. Donations made to these program areas as of October 2011 are eligible for MJF recognition.